Hause Family Tree
Name: Augustus HAUSE
Surname: Hause, House, Hawes, Hawyes Given
Name: Augustus Sex:
M Birth: 14 Jan 1804 in Orange County, New York Death: 19 Feb 1875 in Niagara County, New YorkBurial:
Dysinger Cemetery, on the North side of Bunker Hill Road, between Gasport and Ward, Royalton Township, Niagara County, New York.
John HAUSE Sr.
b: 15 Sep 1773 in Rockland Co., NY
Mother: Esther KETCHAM b: 5 Sep 1779 in Orange Co., NY
Marriage 1 Jane
JONES b: 4 Nov 1802 in NJ Children
- John J HAUSE was born on 18 Oct 1829. He married Catherine Eave Deissinger (b. 23 Aug 1830) around the year 1854. John and Catherine moved briefly to Michigan, where he was a justice of the peace, then returned to Niagara County, New York, where they lived for the rest of their lives. John worked as a farmer. They were still alive for the 1910 census, and still living in Royalton. He died on 18 Sep 1912 in Royalton, Niagara, New York. Catherine died in 1926, and is buried in Mt. Royal Cemetery, in Gasport, Niagara Co., New York.
- William Hause died in infancy.
- (Unnamed Daughter) Hause died in infancy.
- Alta May Hause was born in Aug 1870 in Royalton, Niagara, New York. She married Edward Alpheus Vodra (b. 1872) in Niagara Co., New York in 1890. She died on 14 Nov 1954 in Royalton, Niagara, New York, and is buried in Mountain Ridge Cemetery in Royalton. Niagara Falls N.Y. Gazette, Oct-Nov 1954: "VODRASunday, November 14, 1954, Alta H. Vodra of 8602 Pershing Ave, Mother of Mrs. George K. Connell, this city and Miss M. Edna Vodra of Jersey City, N. J. Three grandchildren and one great grandchild also survive. Funeral services from the Bell Funeral Chapel, 635 Main St., Tuesday, Nov. 16th at 2:00 p.m., Rev. Richard J. davey, D.D. officiating. Internment in Mountain ridge Cemetery, Royalton, N.Y." She had the following children:
- 1. Katherine Elsa Vodra was born on 11 Apr 1899 in Royalton, Niagara Co., New York. On 18 Aug 1923, she married George Kerr Connell (b. 1896). She died on 28 Dec 1967 in Niagara County, New York. Burial Dec 1967, Chestnut Ridge Cemetery, Lockport, Niagara Co., NY. She had the following children:
- a. Margaret May Connell was born on 11 Feb 1928 in Niagara Falls, Niagara Co., New York. On 24 Jun 1950 she married Willis Norman Levan in Niagara Falls, Niagara Co., NY.
- b. Katherine Jean Connell was born on 23 May 1929 in New York. She married Raymond Koch and they had a son:
- c. Joseph Edward Connell was born on 8 Oct 1930 in Niagara Falls. He married Patricia Parsons. He died on 27 Feb 2009 in Dallas, Texas. His children:
- 2. Margaret Edna Vodra was born on 11 Apr 1899 in New York. She died on 8 Sep 1984 in Getzville, Erie, New York.
Laban A Hause (1831-1906)|
- Laban Augustus HAUSE was born on 10 March 1831. He moved to St. Clair Co., Michigan in the mid-1850's after marrying SARAH DEISSINGER on 20 Sep 1854. What a party these Hauses and Dysingers were having! Sarah died on 16 Mar 1859 after complications from giving birth to their daughter, Elma. Laban then remarried, to a woman named MELISSA SANDERSON. Children listed later. Laban died on 14 Mar 1906 in Memphis, MI (see his Death Certificate here). Click here to access the Laban Hause Genealogy page.
- Augustus HAUSE Jr. was born on 13 May 1835. He served in Company E 8 of the New York Cavalry during the Civil War. (Click here to access the Hause Civil War page.) After the war, he married neighbor Hannah Grove (apparently the Deissinger women were all taken). They had a daughter, Maude (b. 1865), and a son, H. Grove Hause (1867 - 1905). In later years he became a butcher (1900 Niagara County, New York, Census), and eventually moved to Michigan.¹ He died on Aug 23, 1913 in Pavilion, Kalamazoo County, MI, and was buried in the Ward Cemetery in Wheatfield Twp, Niagara County, New York (see his Death Certificate here). His children were:
- 1. Maude J Hause (b. 1865) married Jack Edsel.
Ira and Sarah Baker Family Gravestone at Mount View Cemetery, Pekin, NY; BAKER Ira Baker 1831 - 1909 / Sarah E. his wife 1837 -1892 / Florence E. 1877 - 1892 / Vivien E. Hause 1897 - 1985 / Frances L. Hause 1899 - 1967 / H. Grove Hause 1867 - 1909 / Fannie E. his wife 1873 - 1919 / Glenn Arthur 1894-1895.
- 2. H. Grove Hause was born in Dec 1868 in Lewiston, Niagara, New York. He married Fanny E Baker (1872-1919) in 1894. He died on 7 Oct 1909 in Buffalo, Erie, New York. "WEST SHORE BREAKMAN KILLED: Buffalo, Oct. 7. Grove H. Hause, a brakeman on the West Shore railroad, was so badly crushed in the railroad yards at East Buffalo this morning that he died in an ambulance that was conveying him to the Emergency hospital. He was 42 years old, married and lived at No. 166 Germania street." (The Batavia Daily News, 7 Oct 1909) "Many people from Cambria attended the funeral of Grove Hause at Sanborn Sunday, who was crushed to death between two freight cars last Thursday, at Buffalo. Mrs. Hause, who formerly lived in Cambria, has the sincere sympathy of her many friends in Cambria, in her double bereavement. Her fathor died but two weeks ago." (The Niagara Falls Gazette, 14 Oct 1909). He had three children:
- a. Glenn Arthur Hause, b. 1894, Cambria, Niagara, New York; d. 1895, Cambria, Niagara, New York. Buried at Mount View Cemetery, Pekin, NY, in the plot of his parents and Baker grandparents.
- b. Vivien E Hause, b. 19 Mar 1897; d. Mar 1985, Buffalo, Erie, New York.
- c. Frances L Hause, b. 18 Sep 1899; d. 19 Oct 1967, Kenmore, Erie, New York. "HAUSE - Frances L., of Kenmore, N.Y., Oct 19, 1967. Beloved sister of Vivien E. Hause. Friends may call from 2-5 and 7-9 at the Bury Funeral Home Inc., 307 N. Delaware Ave., Kenmore, where funeral services will be held Monday morning at 11 o'clock. Friends are invited. Interment will be held at Mountain View Cemetery, Pekin, N.Y. Monday afternoon at 2 o'clock. Miss Hause was a member of Abigail Fillmore Chapter NSDAR. Flowers gratefully declined. Sentiments may be expressed through a contribution to the Richmond Avenue Christian Church, Richmond & Bryant Sts., Buffalo." (The Lockport Union Sun, 21 Oct 1967)
- Bashaba JANE HAUSE was born on 23 Nov 1838. She married Charles Henry Oakes (1 Jan 1834 - 5 Dec 1913) on May 13, 1857, in St. Clair Co., Michigan, having followed her brothers John and Laban to new land. In the 1870 census Charles was listed as a mill proprietor. In 1910, 74 year-old "Bashabe" lived with her daughter, Hattie L. Dawson, and her children in Marlette, Sanilac, Michigan.
- Ella F. Oakes (b. 1857) married John A. McMahon (b. 20 Jul 1853). "John A McMahon, attorney at Marlette, was born July 20, 1853, in Worth, Sanilac County. He is the son of John and Barbara (Wixson) McMahon, who were natives respectively of Ireland and Ontario. Mr. McMahon was educated in the common schools and passed the first years of his life in study and work on the farm. He passed the remaining years of his minority in different occupations. On reaching the period of his legal freedom, he entered the law office of his brother, Hon. J, W. McMahon, where he spent 18 months in the study of law, after which he entered the Law Department of the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, where he was graduated two years later, at the spring term of 1877. He at once opened his business as an attorney at Marlette, which he prosecuted there until the fall of 1880, when impaired vision necessitated his temporary withdrawal from active practice. His retirement continued until the summer of 1883, when he resumed labor in the office of George McKay, continuing there until May, 1884. In April, 1882, he was elected Justice of the Peace, and in April, 1883, he was elected Township Clerk. In the spring of 1884 he was re-elected to the position. In March, 1883, he was elected Village Clerk and re-elected the year following. He is a member of the Masonic fraternity. Mr. McMahon was married in Marlette, Aug. 4 1878, to Ella F. Oakes. She was born in Memphis Mich., and Is the daughter of Charles H. and Bathsheba (House) Oakes, natives of the State of New York. Of three children born of this marriage, but oneHattie B.survives. One child died in early infancy, Zoe died when she was one month old." (Portrait and Biographical Album of Sanilac County, 1884, Chapman Brothers, p. 218-219)
- 1. (Unnamed) McMahon died in infancy.
- 2. Zoe McMahon died at the age of one month.
- 3. Hattie Barbara McMahon.
- Ester Hattie Oakes was born in 1859 in Michigan. In 1889, she married Joseph J Dawson (b. 1853), and they had the following children:
- 1. Phoebe Dawson (b. Apr 1890).
- 2. Ella M Dawson (b. Aug 1891).
- 3. William M Dawson (b. Sep 1896).
- George Augustus Oakes was born in Jul 1863 in Marlotte, Michigan. He married Catharine Alberta Murdich (b. 1866) and they had the following children:
- 1. Henry Otis Oakes (b. Dec 1888) married Debbie E (b. 1884) and had the following children:
- a. Russell George Oakes (b. 1912) married (?) and had a son:
- c. Catherine Oakes (b. 1916).
- d. Kenneth Oakes (b. 1917).
- e. Genevieve Oakes (b. 1919).
- f. Darlene Oakes (b. 1924).
- g. Ronald Oakes (b. 1928).
- 2. Earl Thomas Oakes was born on 3 Aug 1890 in Michigan. He married Mabel (b. 1896) and they had the following children:
- a. Betty J Oakes (b. 1922).
- b. Earle T Oakes (b. 1924).
- 3. Ruth Oakes was born in Apr 1892 in Michigan; Died in 1984. Buried in Ferguson Cemetery, Almont, Lapeer County, Michigan.
- 4. Byron J Oakes was born in Apr 1894 in Michigan. He married Edna E. (b. 1900).
- 5. Ethel N Oakes was born in Jan 1896 in Michigan.
- 6. Margie Oakes was born in Nov 1897 in Michigan.
- Charles Bimey Oakes was born in 1867 in Michigan. He married Nettie E. (b. 1877).
- William Hause Oakes was born in 1869 in Michigan. He died on 16 Jan 1891 in Marlette, Sanilac, Michigan.
- Isaiah Henry Oakes was born on 4 May 1873 in Marlette, Sanilac County, Michigan. On 29 Dec 1896, he married Grace Ellen Hathaway (1870-1936) in Clio, Genesee County, Michigan. They had the following children:
- 1. Ralph Hathaway Oakes was born on 20 Dec 1898 in Big Rapids, Mecosta County, Michigan .
- 2. Grace Evelyn Oakes was born on 25 Sep 1906 in Elgin, Kane County, Illinois.
Marriage 2 Fannie CHRISTOPHER b: 18 Oct 1825 Children
- Sarah A. HAUSE was born on 8 Sep 1863. She is buried with her father and Jane Jones-Hause.
- Ella HAUSE was born on 15 Sep 1867 in Royalton, Niagara Co., NY. In 1893, she married George Arthur Wiles (b. 1868 in Genesee, New York), the son of Timothy H. Wiles (1829-1914) and Hannah Haight (1825-1891). In the 1900 Census, they lived in Royalton, renting from Ella's mother, Fannie. Ella died sometime between the 1925 state census and the 1930 Federal census.
Will and Codicil
Democrat, January 6, 1853, announcing the marriage of "Augustus House
to Fanny Christopher."