Laban Augustus HAUSE Surname: Hause, House Given
Name: Laban Augustus Sex:
M Birth: 10 Mar 1831 in Seneca County, New York.Death: 14 Mar 1906 in Memphis, Saint Clair County, Michigan.
Burial: Memphis Cemetery, Memphis Ridge Road in Richmond Township, MI.
HAUSE b: 14 Jan 1804 in Orange County, New York
JONES b: 4 Nov 1802 in New Jersey
Marriage Sarah DYSINGER b. 24 Oct 1832 in Royalton, New York.
Marriage Date: 30 Sep 1854 in Royalton, Niagara Co., New York.
- Elma HAUSE was born on 16 Mar 1857. After the death of her mother, Sarah was raised by Laban and his second wife, Melissa Sanderson-Hause. Elma married William Jackson (b. 8 Feb 1852 in England), a Freight Agent for the Owensboro and Nashville Railroad, on 14 Nov 1874 (wedding announcement). They had two sons: Charles Hause Jackson was born on 25 Sep 1875 and died in Aug 1962; and William Carlisle (7 May 1884 - 27 Nov 1885). William died on 16 Oct 1888 in Owensboro, Daviess County, Kentucky. Elma followed him on 3 Mar 1942 in Montclair, Essex County, New Jersey (Elma in her old age). They're buried together at Rosehill Elmwood Cemetery, Owensboro, Daviess County, Kentucky, along with William Carlisle Jackson.
b: 9 Oct 1839
Marriage Date: 25 Oct 1859 in MI
- Alice HAUSE was born on 16 Aug 1861 in Emmett, St. Clair County, Michigan. She married Seneca Young (1857-1898) on on 13 Aug 1879 in Millington, just days before her 18th birthday. They had one son, Frank Arthur Young (1880-1963). Seneca died on 9 Aug 1898 in Saginaw City, Saginaw, Michigan, and Alice raised Frank as a single mother. A letter by Melissa Hause from 1920 says Alice was living in a tent in California with her sister-in-law, Rebecca. In 1930, Alice lived alone in Memphis, next to Ida Dysinger, then moved in with her son. She died on 24 Mar 1939 at Highland Park General Hopsital. She was buried at Millington Cemetery in Millington, Tuscola County, Michigan. See the Alice Hause Young genealogy page here.
- Sarah L HAUSE was born on 16 April 1863. She died from food poisoning that she contracted from canned beans at the reception of her own wedding to Arthur Baker on 11 Nov 1880 (you can read all about it, below). She was named after her father's first wife, Sarah Dysinger, and they all rest together in the Memphis Cemetery.
- Frank Augustus HAUSE was born in 1867. He married Fladella Raymond (6 Sept. 1869 - 19 July 1961) and had five children, all boys, listed below. Frank died in Memphis, Michigan, on 3 May 1951. Access the Frank Hause Genealogy Page here.
- Edith E HAUSE was born on 5 Mar 1871. She married George W. Cottington (1872-1956) in 1900. They ran a general store in Memphis, Michigan, with her brother Frank and his wife, Fladella (detailed in the next chapter). Edith and Joseph had four children: Frances Mary (1905-1985), William Hause (1911-1956), Josephine Pray (1916-1998), and John Fredrick Cottington (1919-1992). Edith died in 1949. Access the Edith Hause Cottington genealogy page here.
Augustus Hause's genealogy letter to
cousin James Dwight Hause.
Sanderson Hause's letter to her son,