Name: Frank Augustes HAUSESurname:
Name: Frank Augustes Sex:
M Birth: 1867 in Riley Center Michigan. Death: 3 May 1951 in Memphis, Saint Clair County, Michigan.
Burial: Memphis Cemetery, Memphis Ridge Road in Richmond Township, MI.Note:
Hause in partnership with C.B.Oakes, conducted a general store in Riley Center
a number of years. Later they engaged in a mercantile business in Memphis, erecting
the building now occupied by A.J.Pearsall (1938). When later Mr Oakes withdrew
from the partnership, Mr Hause, in connection with George Cottington, carried
on the business. They lived to the farm of Mr Hause's father near Riley Center.
Mr and Mrs Hause then spent about 10 years in Ypsilanti where their three sons
b: 10 Mar 1831
b: 9 Oct 1839
Marriage 1 Fladella
RAYMOND b: 6 Sep 1869 in Capac, Michigan
- Married: 18 Feb 1888 in Fort Gratiot, Michigan.
were married in the home of the bride's parents in Port Huron. Their attendants
were Miss Hattie Davis and George Johnson. After living in Port Huron for a time
they moved to the farm of Mr Hause's father near Riley Center.
- Ray ("Dick") Laban HAUSE was born on 23 Nov 1888. He married a nurse, Ethel Maud Yale (1 Feb 1886 - 19 Jan 1988), in Michigan in 1911. They had one child, Lois Yale Hause, born on 7 Oct 1913. "Uncle Dick" moved his family to California and worked in land speculation. He died on 12 Nov 1970 in San Diego, California. Many of his photos and keepsakes, handed down to his daughter, are used in this family history. Click here to access the Raymond Hause Family Genealogy.
- Carlisle ("Tom") HAUSE was born in 5 April 1891. He became a schoolteacher and fell in love with MARJORIE E. MARCHANT. She was a maid's daughter, who moved to Minnesota to be with her sister when her mother was killed by a car. But Carlisle tracked her down and brought her to Michigan as his bride. Marjorie died in 1938, and he remarried, to a fellow schoolteacher named EMILY MEISTER and moved to Bloomfield, Oakland, Michigan. Carlisle died on 23 Mar 1972 in Pontiac, Oakland, Michigan. Click here to access the Carlisle Hause Genealogical Page.
- Basil "Harry" HAUSE was born on 4 Nov 1895. While he was young, he worked in his grandpa Raymond's blacksmith shop. He married Hazel May Gilmartin in 1920. Basil and Hazel had two children: Gerald Franklin in 1926 (our family historian), and Barbara Joan in 1928. Many of Basil's family photos, and his recollections (recorded by his son, Jerry) form the basis for the Michigan chapters in this family history. Basil died on 7 Dec 1985 in Royal Oak, Oakland, Michigan. Click here to access the Basil Hause Family Genealogy.
- Frederick Clinton HAUSE was born in 1900, but died from an undisclosed illness while still an infant, in 1901. There are no known photographs that were made of Frederick before his death.
- Maurice Calvert HAUSE was born on 5 April 1910. "This laughing baby is the youngest son of Mr. and Mrs. Frank A. Hause, Memphis, Mich . . . He was one year and four months when this picture was taken." Maurice died when he was 16 years old. "Funeral services, conducted by Rev. S.H. Townsend, were held at 2 p.m. Monday for Maurice Hause, 15, who died Friday night after a short illness. He was a junior at the high school, also a member of the Young Men's club and the high school orchestra, the village band, the football and basket ball teams."