Hause Family Tree


  • Name: Rheinhardt Rnyier HAUS
  • Surname: Hauß (German), Hauss, Haus
  • Given Name: Johannes Rheinhardt (Hans Rnyier)
  • Sex: M
  • Birth: ABT 1690 in Großaltenstädten, Duchy of Solms-Hohensolms (Germany)
  • Death: 1783

  • Note: Naturalized as Rynier Hous of Phillipsburg, yeoman, at New York City on 10 Jan 1715/16 (Denizations, Naturalizations, and Oaths of Allegience in Colonial New York, p. 37)
    Note: Hans Reinhard Husz and Anna Elisabetha with one child at Hackensack ca. 1716/1717 (Simmendinger Register)
    Note: Reindert Haus subscribed one pound in 1727 (New York City Lutheran Protocol)

    Father:
    Johann Christian HAUS b: in Großaltenstädten, Duchy of Solms-Hohensolms (Germany)
    Mother: Maria Catharine ?

    Marriage 1 Anna Marie GUSSINGER (or Anna Elizabetha NEYTHAEBER -- HFOTM)
    • Married: ABT 1714
    Children
    1. Johann Heinrich HAUS b: 5 Nov 1715 in Yonkers, Westchester Co., N Y
    2. Anna Juliana HAUS b: 5 Feb 1718 in Philipsburg, Westchester Co., N Y
    3. Susanna HAUS, born 9 Apr 1720 at Tappan and baptized at Hackensack
    4. Jannet HAUS, married Thomas Meredic in 1737.
    5. Christian HAUS, b. 2 Aug 1721 at Tappan, New York.
    6. Johannes HAUS b: 1726 *
    7. Maria HAUS, baptized at 6 weeks old in 1728.
    8. Maria Elisabetha HAUS b: 21 Mar 1731.
    9. Rheinhardt HAUS, baptized 21 Aug 1733.

    * Baptisms, Lutheran Church, New York City, May 29, 1726
    Parents; Reinhard Haus; Anna Elisabeth
    Child: Johannes, 9 wks. old
    Sponsors: Hannes Moots & Anna Marie Veltin

    TOP ILLUSTRATION: Philipsburg Manor is a historic house, water mill, and trading site located on US 9 in Sleepy Hollow, New York, near the home of Rheinhardt. It is now operated as a non-profit museum by Historic Hudson Valley; an admission fee is charged. The manor dates from 1693 when Frederick Philipse of Yonkers was granted a charter for 52,000 acres (210 km2) along the Hudson River by William and Mary of England. He built Philipsburg Manor at the confluence of the Pocantico and Hudson Rivers, creating it as a provisioning plantation for the Atlantic sea trade and as headquarters for a world-wide shipping operation. For more than thirty years, Frederick and his son Adolph shipped hundreds of African men, women, and children as slaves across the Atlantic. Now a National Historic Landmark (as of 1961), the farm features a stone manor house filled with a good collection of 17th-and 18th century period furnishings, a working water-powered grist mill and millpond, an 18th century barn, a slave garden, and a reconstructed tenant farm house. Costumed interpreters re-enact life in pre-Revolutionary times, doing chores, milking the cows, and grinding grain in the grist mill.